I was really touched to receive a nomination for the ‘Liebster Award’ – thank you to Julie at Julie’s Spoonful of Sugar. I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to accept – lots has happened over the past month – including starting Humira which didn’t go entirely to plan. I’ll go into all of this in another post.
Julie, your description of the Liebster Award was so great that I hope you don’t mind me reusing it here:
Info About the “Liebster Award”
The Liebster Award, or “the favorite blog award”, is an internet-based award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. In Germany, the word “liebster” has the same meaning as “favorite, beloved, or dearest.” This award is primarily given to blogs that have less than 200 followers. That way, it helps the blogger with being more known to the world as well as giving the blogger the opportunity to learn about more amazing bloggers.
If you are nominated for the “Liebster Award”…then what??
If you are nominated for the Liebster Award, these are the following steps you need to take in order to graciously accept your award…
1. Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer ten questions given to you, by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
4. Create ten questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Notify your nominees.
And lastly, you may copy and paste the award (which is at the top of this post) on your blog!
So, here are the 10 questions that I’ve been asked by Julie, and my answers:
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
Playing with other children in a paddling pool at nursery, aged 3
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
Good question, I’d have to be a dolphin!
- What was your first car?
The first (and only car I’ve ever owned) is a Ford (I think it’s a Focus)!! It’s purely functional and it’s with my mother now in my home town as I can get everywhere easily with public transport in London (especially if I get a seat).
- What is your current obsession?
Learning the ukulele. I’ve only had one lesson so far but loved it. Playing it distracted me from having swollen and painful wrists.
- What are your top three favorite hobbies or activities?
1) seeing art, whether in a formal exhibition or street art 2) going to concerts & gigs 3) going for coffee & cake with friends. When I have more energy I’d like to branch out and do more!
- What is the color scheme in your living room? Unfortunately it’s white, as we rent rather than own the flat, but I’ve livened it up with paintings including a Tuscan scene with warm tones.
- Do you consider yourself an auditory, visual, or kinisthetic learner? I think I’m an auditory learner, as I love trying to learn new languages and musical instruments, as well as being fascinated by words and new facts (although I’m passionate about the visual arts too).
- What one event has most influenced your life? Volunteering at a kids’ club in the local Women’s Refuge when I was 15, especially dressing up as Father Christmas as no men were allowed in the building and no one else wanted to do it. As a result, realising I wanted to keep trying to ‘make a difference’ in the world, which sounds corny, but it’s true.
- Do you prefer salty or sweet snacks? I have a sweet tooth so would always go for those snacks first.
- What random act of kindness by someone took you most by surprise? That’s a really hard question to answer! There have been quite a few – a recent one that stands out is when a complete stranger found me in distress (having bronchospasms due to a reaction to a drug) near a hospital canteen, then accompanied me to the emergency waiting room, and stayed with me until I was seen by a doctor. It was so kind of her.
I’d like to nominate the following 10 nominees for the Liebster Award (cue drum roll):
- Cecilia’s Diary
- Chronic Rants
- Our Life with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Beating Rheumatoid Arthritis
- An Angel with Wings
- Living with RA: the Rite of Aging…Early
- Defying the Odds
- Radiate Hope
- Misdiagnosed me…advocating for others like me
And the questions that I’d like to ask the wonderful nominees to answer:
- What was your most memorable holiday?
- What advice would you give to someone with a new diagnosis?
- If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?
- Who inspires you the most?
- What is your favourite music? (type or artist)
- How would you friends and/or family describe you?
- If you could wear an invisible cloak for the day, what would you do?!
- If you could star in a film, which one would you pick?
- What is your favourite quote?
- What is the most outrageous outfit that you have ever worn (to a fancy dress party or any other time!).
That’s it – thank you again Julie from Julie’s Spoonful of Sugar for the nomination 🙂 and thanks to anyone who has ever read or commented on this blog. After a tough month, I’m ready to get stuck into blogging again.